Success for Our Students — we recognize that learning and student development occur in multiple contexts, and thus, we will provide a diverse and extensive array of curricular and co-curricular opportunities. Students are treated with respect always, and we strive to respond to them in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion.
Teaching Excellence — teaching excellence is achieved through the hiring of good faculty and through a continual program of professional development.
Community Engagement — we understand that we are an important and integral part of the larger community. We strive to serve as a resource to further the needs and aspirations of the region’s businesses and citizens. We encourage partnership and collaboration, entrepreneurship, and innovative thinking to build bridges between our program and the community.
Workplace Culture — as a community we communicate, collaborate and plan to build and sustain the best organization possible. Our responsibilities are fulfilled with integrity and professionalism, and we respect all who enter our doors.
Citizenship and Civic Engagement — we promote volunteerism and service learning to integrate classroom learning with community issues.
Continuous Improvement — we recognize that as an organization we are always in a state of evolution. We strive to be the best we can be through reflection and critical evaluation. We recognize our short comings and take corrective action. We also celebrate our accomplishments.
J14 YCSC INC PLEDGES
- Ensure youth are engaged and performing well in an educational/vocational program.
- Reduce the incidence of violence and victimization (including gang violence).
- Address the systemic issues that often lead youth to join street gangs: peers, family structure, and other risk factors.
- Enhance public safety by employing skilled role models that reflect the ethnic diversity of the community, to divert youth from anti-social behaviors (street gang culture)
- Maintain youth safely in a community setting without jeopardizing public safety through scheduling activities during the peak hours for juvenile crime.
- Reduce the key risk factors of isolation, stress and negative rushes that make youth vulnerable to engaging in gang related activities.
- Increase the protective factors including self-reliance, resiliency, life and pro-social skills by engaging youth in constructive behaviors with family, school, and the community.
- Provide role modeling/companionship and other individualized services through group and individual intervention.
- Help families develop traditional and non-traditional support networks that will remain in place after program involvement has ended.